19 July 2010

THAT game

Buck-a-roo:  “Momma, I wanna play that game where there’s a category and then I guess and you dunk me and flip me in the water!”

Me:  “OK dude…..category is animals.”

Buck-a-roo:  “Elephant”

Me:  “Hold your breath!”

 IMG_7370-2

Buck-a-roo:  “Lion”

Me:  “Hold you breath”

Buck-a-roo:  “Gimme a hint!”

Me:  “It’s on a farm.”

IMG_7371-2

Buck-a-roo:  “Horse”

Me:  “Nope.  Hold you breath.”

Buck-a-roo:  “Cow”

Me:  “ YOU GOT IT!  HOLD YOUR BREATH!”

IMG_7372-2

Buck-a-roo:  “Ok, Frank-o, it’s your turn.”  “I’ll pick for him Mom.”  {whispers loudly to me}  “Hawgk!”

IMG_7374-2

Me:  “Ok lil’ dude…..guess!”

Frank-o:  “Lion” *

Me:  “Hold your breath!”

IMG_7376-2 

Frank-o:  “Horse” *

Me:  “Nope, hold your breath.”

Frank-o:  “Gimme a hint Momma!”

Me:  “It’s on a farm.”

Buck-a-roo:  “NO, it’s not mom!”

Me:  “Uh, yea buddy, I think it is.” {puzzled}

Buck-a-roo:  “No, mom, it flies in the sky!!!”

{chuckling to myself}  ::I thought he had whispered hog in my ear, when he had actually said hawk**::

Me:  “Yea, Frank-o…..it flies through the sky!”

IMG_7375-2

Frank-o:  “EAGLE!!”

Me:  {close enough}  “YOU GOT IT!  HOLD YOUR BREATH!”

IMG_7373-2

 

* note the repetition of Buck-a-roo’s answers by Frank-o; as of lately Frank-o parrot-ly mimics every thought, decision, gesture that his brother has/does.  you ask him a question and he answers with, “What’s Buck-a-roo having?”

** like ever in a million years Frank-o would have guessed a……hawk!

Do you remember playing that game in the swimming pool as a kid……I DO!!

1 comment:

JennaDK said...

Yes I love that game too!!! Can I come over so I can play too???