27 October 2008

"Not Me!" Monday





Our family has had family portraits scheduled for over 3 months now. I DID NOT completely "freak out" when the forecast called for 60% chance of thunderstorms the day of our outdoor photo shoot for the first day yet this entire month. I then DID NOT immediately email our photographer like a crazy person (keep your opinions to yourself) and rant and rave to her about what should we do.


We did indeed have our portraits made on Thursday after changing sites from outdoors across town to indoors at the studio with a few pictures taken outdoors around the studio. This is out of my hands; but, it DID NOT not rain a single drop all day after calling for 70-80% chance of thunderstorms.


Buck-a-roo and Frank-o DID NOT "wet" an exorbitant number of beds this week, 10 to be exact. Allow me to note...this is wetting through pull-ups!! It's crazy!! I could not keep a hand on the regular laundry for having sheets, quilts, and mattress pads in the washer/dryer the entire week.


Daddy Buck and I DID NOT attend a Halloween costume party on Friday night dressed as a Hershey's Bar and a Hershey's (with nuts) Bar! {grin}


I DID NOT allow my three year old son to pick which pattern he liked the best for me to carve his pumpkin and he DID NOT proceed to pick a difficulty level of 3 on a scale of 0-4 and insist that it was his "favorite". I carved it and it turned out well. I DID NOT then, carve a pumpkin of polka dots for my 2 year old because I was more than done with pumpkin carving by this time, if you know what I mean. I DID NOT convince myself that simple polka dots were great for Frank-o because it was a pumpkin chock full of his favorite shape, circles!! It was my effort to make myself feel better for "jipping" him out of a real carving.


Frank-o DID NOT rip the dangling spider from Buck-a-roo's carved pumpkin, thus ruining the entire scene and the whole reason that Buck-a-roo was thrilled about his pumpkin in the first place. Buck-a-roo DID NOT commence to having a "running dog" meltdown after realizing what Frank-o had done and insist that I use my mystical mommy powers and "fix it" immediately {right}. That spider IS NOT what took me over 1 hour to carve just the night before.


I AM NOT anxiously awaiting on pins and needles the arrival of a new baby this week to complete and total blogging strangers. MCKMama's baby boy, Stellan, will be born Wednesday after a long, difficult, trying pregnancy that I have fervently followed for months now. BTW, she is the creator of the "Not Me!" Monday meme that I participate in every week.



No comments: