14 December 2008

Twas our weekend of Christmas in central Louisiana





We spent the weekend in Alexandria at my parent's house and had our holiday celebration with
my dad's side of the family.








Saturday night we went to Pineville for our Christmas celebration at my grandparent's house.





It was a zoo to say the least with four boys under the age of four.





Here's my grandparents with 5/6 of their great-granchildren. To see the smiles on their faces as the their great-grandchildren ran through their house, ripped open packages, and scarfed down chex mix and cheetos....it's extraordinary!!





The great-grandparents gave my boys "hunting" clothes (seeing as I come from a family of outdoorsmen, hunters, fisherman....). The boys were thrilled...so much so that Buck-a-roo wanted to sleep in his that night and were them the entire next day--no washing!! They were most excited to pose for their camera-happy mother for these shots in my parent's (my old) front yard in my favorite tree.







A big thank you to our cousins that sent the boys packages to open containing the most adorable Christmas hats.



Santa Claus:


and A Moose:


We had an excellent weekend of holiday gathering with family and friends. Time with family, especially our elders, should never be taken for granted. These moments are priceless for me...



Here lies the week ahead for us in this week before the week of Christmas: Christmas party for my work, Christmas party for Daddy Buck's work, Buck-a-roo's Preschool Christmas Program, Buck-a-roo's Preschool Christmas Party, outing with our friends for my birthday, and oh yeah, my birthday!!

No comments: