11 January 2009

brotherly love, husband-ly love





Several of you emailed me and commented on this post, that it was amazing how Buck-a-roo and Frank-o were sleeping peacefully together. I thought I would elaborate on this and show with more pictures that they also...


read books together



watch TV together




make "silly faces" together




"look cool" together




and genuinely love each other



Now, now, don't be so naive as to think that they never bicker, whine, argue, hit, punch, kick, slap, bite, or all-out scream at each other....it's just I'm quick to the camera when they are getting along. Maybe I should take a few snapshots of their next "running-dog, llama-spitting, snake-hissing" fight....or maybe I won't and keep pretending (at least on this blog) that that doesn't ever take place!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"pack and overnight bag for you and the boys...more details to follow"


This what the text message, that I received from Daddy Buck yesterday morning around 900am, read...


I did as I was instructed and proceeded to drop the boys off at my MIL's around 530pm and met Daddy Buck at his work just as he was getting off.


Daddy Buck then drove towards downtown


valet parked and checked in to this concierge level hotel room




where these roses were awaiting me




we dined at a swanky, upscale sushi (funny that neither of us eats sushi!) restaurant, Tsunami


we had drinks afterwards and stayed up way too late just chatting

we had an uninterrupted-by-children night of sleep

we read the Sunday newspaper over breakfast this morning before checking out of our hotel room...


it was a much-needed, cherished overnight "hometown honeymoon"!


Score 1, 2, or maybe even 3 for Daddy Buck!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And, now...


Deep thoughts to ponder and possible words to live by spoken by an old, wise prophet:


"Money is expensive"


or maybe just an "Out of the Mouths" moment compliments of Buck-a-roo.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Gaah OOOOOh Daddy Buck!!

Now thats the way a real man treats his lady!! ust reminds me that I need to do more of those things for my wife. Its been a little while.

Tim

Tiffany said...

ARE YOU KIDDIN'??? Well, Daddy Sugar Buck! That's fantastic girl! You so deserved that time together!!! He's a 10, a 10 I tell ya!!!!

{Kimber} said...

OK...so I'm bored...and I'm going back and reading all of your old posts and this truly makes me sick! Can you please have Daddy Buck speak to my husband please!? ASAP...
now I'm off to gag :)