28 June 2009

.grasshopper.

Buck-a-roo: "Mommy, come see.....look what I found, it's a grasshopper!"
Me: "I'll be there in a second...I'm almost finished clipping my coupons and I don't want them to blow away with the wind out here. Mommy's seen many grasshoppers before."
Buck-a-roo: "I'm gonna kill it Mommy!"
Me: "No, Buck-a-roo, don't kill it! Grasshoppers are good bugs that {er, hhmmmm} eat other bad bugs, like mosquitos."
Buck-a-roo: "Well, come see NOW Mommy!"
Me: { *^%#, OMG!! On second thought, let's KILL that monstrous thing} DADDY BUCK!!!!!!

Believe me when I tell you that these pictures do not do this ginormous grasshopper justice. It is fitting that (s)he sits atop the WARNING found on the child's kickboard that (s)perched himself on this morning. I promise you this creature, God's creature, was 4 inches long and 2 inches tall. And, I double-promise you that after being tortured by a 3 year old with a battery powered 4-wheeler and a 4 year old with a massive metal dump truck for 20 minutes and eventually succombing to the string of the weed eater powered by Daddy Buck, this innocent creature is now perched at the Pearly Gates now.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Eeeeewww! That's one of those big nasty ones that EAT everything in your garden you've been working so hard to keep alive. KILL IT!!