04 January 2009

"Not Me!" Monday

"Not Me!" Monday took last Monday off for the holiday break....so this week, you are getting double the brutally honest happenings of our family from the past two weeks.




:: We DID NOT have at least three new toys that partially broke on Christmas day. Buck-a-roo and Frank-o handled it well.... a sure-fire sign that they were given too much stuff and the broken items quickly became shuffled in the mix of the overwhelming mound of new stuff.


:: I DID NOT allow us to run out of pull-ups on Christmas Eve, thus having to go my neighbors' house and borrow (well....actually take, never to be returned) 5 diapers to get us through Christmas Day. And, on the day-after-Christmas I DID NOT take my boys to Wal-mart amongst all the day-after-Christmas shoppers, my youngest wearing a swim diaper (YES, a swim diaper), to buy pull-ups and other insundary items.


:: While scurrying through Walmart with two uncooperative children like a chicken with my head partially chopped offshopping, my boys DID NOT proceed to cry/whine/beg for more toys on the day after receiving above mentioned "mound of new stuff". They ARE NOT spoiled rotten, you think??

:: On the Sunday following Christmas, our family traveled to Meridian, MS (7 hours round trip in one day) for our last family holiday gathering. Frank-o wet through his pull-up and onto his pants 1/2 way through the first leg of the trip. Out come the spare pants from the diaper bag. Two hours later when we arrived, Frank-o HAD NOT wet through his "nighttime" pull-up again and needed a spare pair of pants. I DID NOT re-dress him in the original "pee-ed in" pair of pants because they had dried and it was all I had. While eating lunch with family, guess what?? Wet pants again!! Potty-training--NOT going so well!! Re-dress in "already pee-ed in" pants #2 that are now semi-dry or return home looking like a true red-neck child wearing only a diaper? I DID NOT really allow my child to wear dried, "pee-ed in" clothing & a diaper without pants for an extended period of time!! Here's your sign.....


:: On the road again (wait, that's a song) today...as Buck-a-roo was waking from his nap, he was super-fussy and begins to tell me that he pee-ed on himself (does this story sound familiar--same circumstances, different child). Buck-a-roo NEVER wets himself. I DID NOT pull my car over to the shoulder of the two-laned highway in the middle of nowhere where we happened to be (I was traveling alone with the boys) and proceed to strip him naked, gave him clean boxer briefs, used his under t-shirt and sweatshirt to soak the pee from his carseat, re-buckled him in wearing nothing but his boxer briefs and continued on our merry way home.



Man alive do these past few weeks have a theme or what~~~gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now?

12 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

That was great. I love that you went to wally on the 26th with 2 kids! That must have been insane! Hopefully this wee(k) is a bit less...wet...!

DESJ and Company said...

I've done it too...
well not exactly the same way but pretty darn close.

Kristan said...

Man, I thought that kind of stuff only happened to me!! Good luck on the potty training!!

LeAndMatt said...

I must say that you need to visit babies r us - they have a great seat saver any potty training parent must have for carseats under 10. It is washable and have saved us from having to strip the carseat. Hang in there we have been training for almost a year!

Elyse said...

Wally World on the 26th must have been a mad house! Peed diaper dried...hilarious!
Happy Monday!
~Elyse~

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Ha this is so cute. Makes me glad I'm waiting a little while to have kiddos though! It sounds very... well, chaotic! But fun regardless. Happy "not me" monday!!

Tim said...

Hi there! Found your blog thru Courtney and Tiffany's. Seems as though we are in the same blogging sircle so I decided to sheck you out. Hope you dont mind. Feel free to stop by and visit us as well.

Anyway, loved your blog and look forward to following along. If you like our blog feel free to follow us as well. We are having all of our blog pages redesigned with the help of Misty Rice so watch for those changes too. Should be exciting.

The Shafer's said...

Thanks for the laughs! You were a brave mamma going to Wally the day after Christmas!! Wow! Can't wait to read next weeks!

Anonymous said...

After reading that about the dried on pee stinkin' clothes, I feel like I need to go change my own clothes and I didn't even do anything wrong. ;)

Courtney and the Boys said...

I think you and Tiff are ganging up on me..."need to get Courtney to join in, too?" ha! I've been doing MNM since the first go-round! Not every week...but I'm a definite participator! :)

Man alive...your last couple of weeks have dealt with a lot of pee! lol! It sure is nice when they become fully-trustworthy-potty-trained!

Oh...and does my button still have a box next to it? I still don't see what you're talking about! Ugh!

Courtney

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Very funny, don't you just love a training toddler. Happy travels, and happy monday.

Courtney and the Boys said...

Alright, friend...someone else told me the same thing about the red x thing, so I looked at the html...guess what? Somehow YOUR blog address was smack dab in the middle of it!!! (Go look at your html where you've put my code in your layout)...I've got it all fixed now...just removed your blog address and pow! Problem solved. :) Try to re-copy the new code on my blog into yours....let me know if it works(for some reason, I just don't see the red x from my computer...). See ya!

Courtney