31 December 2009

our 2009

We kicked off 2009 with the nuisance of the return of the massive sinkhole in our front yard in January.   The sinkhole drama took us well into February as did the ENT surgeries for both the boys

Buck-a-roo turned 4 in March and we attended our 2nd annual St. Patrick’s Day parade, of which Daddy Buck and I plan to ride in this year.  April brought about a Happy Easter and the boys were loving attending almost weekly LSU baseball games.

In May, Buck-a-roo began playing tball; and eventually, the team adopted Frank-o as their teammate as well.  I also celebrated a terrific Mother’s Day with my mom and grandmother.  I also wrote what I consider to be my most comical post since my blog’s inception while preparing to place our house on the market for sale. 

Frank-o turned 3 in June and we began our summer chock full of swimming, all the while Frank-o donned a mohawk.    I also traveled far away for the first time to Philadelphia to attend a nursing conference.   Our summer of swimming continued right on through July with swimming lessons and I celebrated my 1 year blog anniversary

In early August we took a family vacation to the beach and upon returning, two weeks later, Buck-a-roo had heart surgery to repair a heart defect that was diagnosed just a month prior.  In September, Daddy Buck and I celebrated our 6th anniversary

October is historically a busy month in our home…..  there’s football season is full swing, an annual visit to the pumpkin patch, and Halloween

In November, Daddy Buck turned 35 and we had lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.   In December, I turned 31 and this Christmas’ festivities (and Christmas card) were splendid. 

Buck-a-roo continues to make us proud at school, while Frank-o continues to march to his own beat.  We look forward to continued blessings, prosperity, and love for 2010 and we’ll capture all the memories here on our family blog.  And hopefully (fingers crossed), we’ll sell our current home and move into a new home. 

Happy New Year to you all!!

No comments: